Jun 29, 2019
• Mule deer addiction & the wonderful wives that deal with it
• What makes mule deer different?
• Critical hunting methods & tools
• Field scoring: The flash glance
• Field scoring: when time is on your side
• Realistic public-land, DIY expectations
• Colton's favorite mule deer cartridge
Jun 22, 2019
• AlpenFuel founder talks inspiration
• Planning for various types of terrain and conditions
• Energy supplements
• Charting your body's needs over the hunts' duration
• Performance food
• Recovery food
• Indigestion, and how to avoid it
• Minimalist stoves and dehydrated meals
Jun 14, 2019
• Black bear hunt in northwest Montana's deep backcountry
• Special guest: Adam Weatherby
• Special gear: Prototype Weatherby rifle & cartridge
This hunt turned out to be aggressive, eventful, adventurous, and a fantastic success in every possible way. We covered 32 miles in four days, climbed over...
Jun 8, 2019
• Introduction: Pros and cons of hunting with match bullets
• Listener's questions: Tok Air Service, DIY drop-camp moose hunt costs, .257 WBY cartridge for deer, vintage controlled-feed rifles for backcountry work, hunting as PTSD therapy, downsides of carbon fiber barrels, and more.
• History of...
Jun 5, 2019
• O'Conner and mountain rifles
• What makes a true mountain rifle?
• Weight, Accuracy, & Reliability
• Review-type episode: Kimber's Mountain Ascent in .280 Ackley Improved
• Swarovski's Z5 3.5-18x 44mm BT riflescope
• Less than 7 pounds with scope, sling, and ammo aboard
• Sub-MOA accuracy...