Aug 30, 2019
• New Zealand: The Shangri La of modern backcountry hunting
• Bag limits? What bag limits?
• Gnarly, steep, challenging, beautiful country
• What island to hunt, and how to find and access a good spot
• Game types, habitat, and taxonomy, and how to hunt them
• Logistics of traveling to New...
Aug 23, 2019
• From Tradition to Technology: Picking a muzzleloader for backcountry hunting
• Exploding boundaries
• From the beginning: Traditional muzzleloaders, common inline muzzleloaders, and uncommonly accurate long-range muzzleloaders
• Traditional muzzleloaders: Why to hunt with them, and how to get the...
Aug 16, 2019
• Prep, planning, and gear
• Tyce Erickson: master dog trainer and high-country big-game hunting genius
• Hot off the BBQ: Shiras moose, elk, musk ox, black bear, deer, and more
• September bulls: Tactics for finding, calling, and stalking rutting elk
• Holding it together under pressure: Stories of...
Aug 10, 2019
• Guest Cork Graham: International best-selling author, Discovery Channel personality, combat veteran, PTSD counselor, and Alaskan subsistence hunter.
• How hunting rebuilds those suffering with PTSD
• Graham's personal experience recognizing and recovering from PTSD
• Steps to recovery (that...
Aug 2, 2019
• The older you get, the less you like to carry—yet the more you appreciate remote backcountry.
— Condors & lead bullet correlation update: The science behind it. Please listen to Randy Newberg's Episode No. 87 of Hunt Talk Radio. Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzBbxm2cFhw