Jan 31, 2020
NEW "BACKCOUNTRY APPRENTICE" SEGMENT! Listen for this 2-minute skills and how-to section presented by the host's favorite hunting partner (age 9).
• Interview with Spartan Precision's founder Rob Gearing
• Spartan 5-oz. bipods and why they work so well
• Mountaineering tripods, trekking poles, and...
Jan 24, 2020
• Hunting Utah:
Jan 17, 2020
• Squeezing the trigger: the final act in pursuing an animal
• The critical importance of having a good trigger in a backcountry hunting rifle
• Introducing Chris Ellis, owner of Ellis Communications, who reps Timney Triggers
• Pronghorns in the fog: hunting tales and great triggers
Jan 10, 2020
Review time! Savage's Axis II budget rifle in .280 Ackley Improved
• Listener lever-action questions & comments
• Mid-bore cartridges such as the .338-06 and .35 Whelen for backcountry hunting
• A six-pound, six-ounce, sub-$400 mountain rifle
• Discussing the Axis II action
• Barrel length, rifling...
Jan 4, 2020
This episode addresses several interesting questions and comments submitted by listeners.
• Browning BLR correction
• Takedown rifles and scope mounting
• Swedish hunters and the Backcountry Hunting Podcast
• Single-loading lever guns in dangerous situations
• Sierra bullets for hunting