Jan 10, 2020
Review time! Savage's Axis II budget rifle in .280 Ackley Improved
• Listener lever-action questions & comments
• Mid-bore cartridges such as the .338-06 and .35 Whelen for backcountry hunting
• A six-pound, six-ounce, sub-$400 mountain rifle
• Discussing the Axis II action
• Barrel length, rifling twist rate, and type
• Axis II stock: Well-designed but flexible
• Mounting a bipod: Do or don't?
• Accuracy: Will the Axis II .280 Ackley shoot sub-MOA?
• Reliability and feeding smoothness
• Ergonomics: Feel, balance, and responsiveness
• Picking the right scope for the Axis II
Email the host email@example.com
Follow/submit questions on Instagram @backcountryhuntingpodcast
Follow on Facebook: BackcountryHuntingPodcast