Jan 4, 2021
WELCOME to the 101st Episode!
As the title suggests, this fun discussion addresses two topics;
big deer & compact gear.
Must-read book: Ryan Hatfield's "Idaho's Greatest Mule
Glory Day Story: Doyle Mooseman and the 48," 8x8 buck.
Big buck statistics: An entertaining (and eye-opening) look at
your chances of shooting a monster mule deer (and how you can
maximize your opportunities).
Mule deer's current condition (as a whole), and how you can
- Bad winters, high predation, loss of winter range,
ever-increasing hunter effectiveness (long-range gear), and other
- Contribute by aggressively hunting coyotes. And if you've never
hunted mountain lions, now is the time!
Gear list discussion:
- Rifle, scope, & ammo
- Hunting knife
- Head lamp
- Fire-starting gear
- Maps/GPS/On-X Hunt app
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Emergency communication device.
- LifeStraw & water filter pump
- Mountaineering stove
- Battery packs and/or solar charger
- Spotting scope & tripod/trekking poles
Siembida Custom Knives on Instagram