Mar 12, 2021
Episode topic: Rifle barrel break-in: How to do it, and
does it help?
Up Front Q&A
- A European perspective on rifle cost
- Taping muzzles during bad weather, and the long-range
- Sharpening knives in a survival situation
- Straight-wall cartridges comparison: .350 Legend vs. .450
- Researching & choosing outfitters
- Binocular magnification: 8x, 10x, 12x, 15x, or a
- .280 Ackley X-Bolt vs. Model 70 .280 Ackley re-barrel
- When to hunt with a cartridge in the chamber
- Budget rifles and a story about rust prevention
Barrel fouling and accuracy degradation
What is barrel break-in, and what are the benefits?
Which barrels benefit, and which ones don't?
How to perform barrel break-in
FRIENDS, PLEASE SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Join the Backcountry Hunting Podcast tribe on www.patreon.com/backcountry
Contribute via PayPal using
Contribute via VENMO:
VISIT OUR SPONSORS HERE: