Sep 10, 2021
Topic: Glassing gear, challenges, and strategies
Up Front: Enter Timney's 75th-anniversary
trigger giveaway here!
GEAR: Buying quality optics:
- Where does "good" start, pricewise?
- Should you stretch your wallet?
- Eye strain and quality glass
- Where to spend: rifle or bino?
- A good $$$ bino starting point
- A good $$$ spotting scope starting point
THE COMPLETE COMPLIMENT OF OPTICS
- Versatile binocular
- 8x vs. 10x vs. 12x
- Capable spotting scope
- High-magnification optional bino
- Useful and versatile tripods
HOW-TO: Putting your optics to work in the field
- Adjusting fit and diopter
- To grid or not to grid
- Know your species
- bedding areas
- feeding areas
- travel routes
- Glass with the sun
- Glass supported
- Prioritize high-potential areas
- Learn the country
- When to carry a spotting scope
- When to carry a high-magnification binocular
Submit questions via email email@example.com or
on Instagram @backcountryhuntingpodcast
Final thought: Get the good stuff and go to work!
FRIENDS, PLEASE SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Join the Backcountry Hunting Podcast tribe on www.patreon.com/backcountry
Contribute via PayPal using firstname.lastname@example.org
Contribute via VENMO: @Joseph-vonBenedikt
VISIT OUR SPONSORS HERE: