Jan 7, 2022
Intro: If you want the ultimate backcountry DIY challenge, hunt
moose in Alaska.
Up Front Q&A section:
- To Buy or Not To Buy: high-tech clothing and pack vs. a new
backcountry hunting rifle
Patreon update. Things to come, including live
Zoom Q&A sessions for Patreon members, as well as a Backcountry
Hunting companion book for the podcast.
Primary Topic: Planning A DIY Alaska Moose
- Research, planning, and booking a transporter
- Air Taxis vs. Outfitters
- Travel to Alaska, and within Alaska
- Gear. Everything from packs and boots and raingear to rifles,
cartridges, and bullets for moose
- Freeze-dried food, and excruciatingly low max weight
- Traversing challenging terrain
- Safety in Alaska's backcountry
- How to hunt, shoot, field dress, and pack a moose
- What about bears?
- Picking a hunting partner
- The importance of mental toughness
- Logistics of getting meat and antlers home
Final thoughts: There's no time like the
present, and you're not getting any younger. Plan it now.
FRIENDS, PLEASE SUPPORT THE PODCAST!
Join the Backcountry Hunting Podcast tribe on www.patreon.com/backcountry
Contribute via PayPal using email@example.com
Contribute via VENMO: @Joseph-vonBenedikt
VISIT OUR SPONSORS HERE: